Fórum - Zobrazit téma - 'I've had 3,200 bookings cancelled at my pubs' - www.WMHelp.cz
forum.WMHelp.cz
O všem, co souvisí s Windows Mobile

FAQFAQ   HledatHledat   Seznam uživatelůSeznam uživatelů   Uživatelské skupinyUživatelské skupiny  RegistraceRegistrace 
 Osobní nastaveníOsobní nastavení   Přihlásit se pro kontrolu soukromých zprávPřihlásit se pro kontrolu soukromých zpráv   PřihlášeníPřihlášení 

'I've had 3,200 bookings cancelled at my pubs'

Přidat nové téma   Zaslat odpověď    Obsah fóra WMHelp.cz -> Asus
Zobrazit předchozí téma :: Zobrazit následující téma  
Autor Zpráva
geemong
nováček
nováček

Registrace: 15.7. 2021

PříspěvekZaslal: st 15. prosinec, 2021 9:20    Předmět: 'I've had 3,200 bookings cancelled at my pubs' Citovat

'I've had 3,200 bookings cancelled at my pubs'

As the hospitality industry reels from the impact of new Covid curbs, pubs and restaurants have reported a wave of Christmas cancellations.

Players should be SLOT made learning, studying and implementing them. Opt for formulas with high reliability and probability.

The Bar 44 chain, which has four outlets, told the BBC 3,200 people had scrapped bookings for December.

Natalie Isaac, its operations director, said only a "handful" of people would have cancelled before the pandemic.

Others say that although they face no new rules, public caution is causing lower footfall and a loss of trade.

The Confederation of British Industry (CBI) has called for the government to provide financial support for businesses affected, but the Treasury has not unveiled any new measures.

'People are worried'
Bar 44, which has restaurants in Bristol and Cardiff, says 1,000 of the 3,200 lost bookings were down to the knock-on effects of cancelled concerts by Tom Jones and the Stereophonics.

"Having to stay open but not getting the business is our big worry," Ms Isaac explained.

"This should be our bumper two weeks before Christmas, but the diary is worryingly empty. We're significantly impacted and without furlough, we won't be able to protect our staff."

Ms Isaac was unable to give a figure for the loss of trade across the month, as the venues are not operating at full pre-pandemic capacity.

They have also been opening just five days a week, because of staff shortages that started before the new Plan B restrictions.

"We're slightly refilling with small groups, but people are worried to go out again as they don't want to catch Covid during Christmas."

'Partial lockdown' with no support
Clive Watson, boss of pub chain, City Pub Group, said every kind of booking was now in decline since the Plan B announcement.

"In an nutshell, the big corporate parties have really started to be cancelled, which were really lucrative," he explained.

"To a certain extent, these were being compensated by smaller groups still booking, but now they're starting to cancel as well.

"What we're facing is a partial lockdown, but with no government assistance this time round."

Mr Watson said it was still worth staying open, but added that the impact would be sizeable if no further financial assistance came from the government.

Data for Monday to Sunday of last week from the trade body UKHospitality, for example, showed a 13% drop in business and a 15% increase in cancellations, compared with pre-pandemic levels.
Zobrazit informace o uživateli Odeslat soukromou zprávu
Zobrazit příspěvky z předchozích:   
Přidat nové téma   Zaslat odpověď    Obsah fóra WMHelp.cz -> Asus Časy uváděny v GMT + 1 hodina
Strana 1 z 1

Přejít na: