Fórum - Zobrazit téma - 'I’m constantly worried about being evicted' - www.WMHelp.cz
forum.WMHelp.cz
O všem, co souvisí s Windows Mobile

FAQFAQ   HledatHledat   Seznam uživatelůSeznam uživatelů   Uživatelské skupinyUživatelské skupiny  RegistraceRegistrace 
 Osobní nastaveníOsobní nastavení   Přihlásit se pro kontrolu soukromých zprávPřihlásit se pro kontrolu soukromých zpráv   PřihlášeníPřihlášení 

'I’m constantly worried about being evicted'

Přidat nové téma   Zaslat odpověď    Obsah fóra WMHelp.cz -> Be-On-Road
Zobrazit předchozí téma :: Zobrazit následující téma  
Autor Zpráva
geemong
nováček
nováček

Registrace: 15.7. 2021

PříspěvekZaslal: pá 17. září, 2021 6:05    Předmět: 'I’m constantly worried about being evicted' Citovat

'I’m constantly worried about being evicted'

"If my landlord asks me to leave, I'll have to go into emergency accommodation", said Sue, who's 61 and owes around £2000 in unpaid rent.

we should choose The most reliable website Player who wins Big Win 168 prize money or wins the jackpot. Need to get real money and then can actually withdraw money So that will be a successful play.

She's one of thousands of renters who fell into arrears during the pandemic, according to the debt charity StepChange.

A poll they carried out with YouGov suggests 10% of private renters are now behind on rent.

The charity estimates they owe on average just under £800 each.

StepChange is calling for emergency support from the government as things like the furlough scheme and the uplift to Universal Credit payments are phased out.

A spokesperson for the Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government said that unprecedented action was taken to keep people in their homes during the pandemic - and that it was right, as the economy reopened, for measures to be lifted.

"Extremely stressful"
Sue had recently left her job and was looking for a new one when the pandemic hit. With no furlough pay, she enrolled on Universal Credit while she looked for work. The benefits weren't enough to cover her rent, and as a result she underpaid for months.

"My landlord was initially understanding" she explained, "but when restrictions relaxed I was asked for full rent as well as payments towards my arrears, even though my situation hadn't changed."

Help from her local council means Sue is now back to paying full rent - but with no chance of paying off the debt she's accrued until she finds a job.

"I'm constantly worrying about the prospect of being evicted."

Renters hit hard by pandemic
After polling more than 8,600 adults around the UK, StepChange estimates that the debt accrued by renters now stands at around £360m - a figure they say hasn't changed since the beginning of the year.

"Renters have been hit particularly hard by the pandemic - they're likely to be working in sectors where jobs have gone, and less likely to have had the resources to weather the storm in the way others may have been able to do," StepChange's Head of Policy, Peter Tutton told the BBC.

The charity has welcomed the grant schemes recently launched by the Welsh and Scottish Governments to help those who have fallen behind on rent, but say that in England, many renters are facing an uncertain future.

Emergency measures to protect renters were brought in in March last year - including a ban on evictions. This came to an end in England on 31st May, with the notice landlords had to give tenants they wanted to move out reduced from 6 months to 4 months. From next month, they return to what they were before the pandemic - 2 months.
Zobrazit informace o uživateli Odeslat soukromou zprávu
Zobrazit příspěvky z předchozích:   
Přidat nové téma   Zaslat odpověď    Obsah fóra WMHelp.cz -> Be-On-Road Časy uváděny v GMT + 1 hodina
Strana 1 z 1

Přejít na: