Fórum - Zobrazit téma - add racing flats to minimalist - www.WMHelp.cz
forum.WMHelp.cz
O všem, co souvisí s Windows Mobile

FAQFAQ   HledatHledat   Seznam uživatelůSeznam uživatelů   Uživatelské skupinyUživatelské skupiny  RegistraceRegistrace 
 Osobní nastaveníOsobní nastavení   Přihlásit se pro kontrolu soukromých zprávPřihlásit se pro kontrolu soukromých zpráv   PřihlášeníPřihlášení 

add racing flats to minimalist

Přidat nové téma   Zaslat odpověď    Obsah fóra WMHelp.cz -> Servis
Zobrazit předchozí téma :: Zobrazit následující téma  
Autor Zpráva
Labi1995
nováček
nováček

Registrace: 19.6. 2018

PříspěvekZaslal: čt 11. říjen, 2018 5:46    Předmět: add racing flats to minimalist Citovat

If barefoot/minimalist category consisted of zero drop, minimal cushion shoes like the zero drop NB Minimus, Merrell Barefoot line, and Vibram Fivefingers, then the data Nike Air Vapormax Womens make much more sense. Vibram Fivefingers sales seem to have dropped off a cliff, and if my observations at any number of races are any indication, the number of people running regularly in shoes like this has never been very big (even if sales numbers were Nike Air Max 95 Womens high). It’s a niche for sure. I view shoes like these as a full time option for some, but as a tool to be used in a mix of footwear for most.To me, the most important line in the SOS report is the following: “Lightweight, which remains the largest sub category, grew in the low teens.” The lasting impact of the barefoot trend of the past few years will be that it opened up a new category of running shoes that has now eclipsed traditional neutral and stability shoes in total sales (recognizing that defining limits to these categories is a very tricky business since shoes are more on a Nike Air Max 95 Womens spectrum now than they are easily divided into neat little categories).Running shoes have gotten lighter, low drop shoes like the Kinvara and PureProject have done very well, and design elements from barefoot-style shoes have transferred into other Nike Air Max 90 Mens categories (e.g., wide toeboxes, zero drop soles in amply cushioned shoes, etc.). The market has shifted toward lighter, simpler shoes, which I think is a very good thing, and variety has increased dramatically, which is even better as it gives each runner more options to choose from when trying to find the perfect match.When I went to a run specialty store for the first time back in 2007, my options were pretty much limited to a selection of relatively heavy (>10oz) 12mm drop shoes from each manufacturer that fit nicely into either the neutral, stability, or motion control categories. Nike Air Max 90 Womens Those days are gone, the market has shifted and science has shown that the old model of fitting shoes wasn’t all that effective. We are now in the midst of trying to figure out how best to fit runners given the variety that now exists.To give a more honed Adidas NMD Womens in view of what runners are buying than what the SOS report reveals, we can take a look at sales data from Leisure Trends Group, which provides reports specifically on sales at run specialty stores (recognizing that even at specialty stores a lot of non-runners are buying the shoes). Let’s take a look at data from February 2013, which is the most recent month for which a complete dollar breakdown by category is provided. Here are sales in dollars by category for running shoes, along with the trend relative to the same month last yearThe big losers at run specialty in February were Nike Air Max 270 Mujer motion control and trail shoes, both of which dropped over 20% relative to Feb 2012. The only categories that increased were minimalist and racing flats. By these numbers minimalist shoes are about 8.5% of sales at run specialty. Still low, but twice the Nike Air Max 90 Womens value reported by SOS, and double the sales of motion control. If you add racing flats to minimalist (many minimalist runners purchase racing flats because they tend to have similar design characteristics and are often cheaper), then you have about 13% of the market. Leisure Trends does not appear to break out “lightweight” as a category, and I again don’t know how they define minimalist, so it’s hard to know exactly what is included in these categories. Are the Brooks PureCadence and Saucony Mirage in the “Stability” category? I don’t know.So what can we conclude from all of this about what runners are putting on their feet? Here’s how I would interpret the data
Zobrazit informace o uživateli Odeslat soukromou zprávu
Zobrazit příspěvky z předchozích:   
Přidat nové téma   Zaslat odpověď    Obsah fóra WMHelp.cz -> Servis Časy uváděny v GMT + 1 hodina
Strana 1 z 1

Přejít na: