Fórum - Zobrazit téma - Booster jab rollout: 'It protects myself and other people' - www.WMHelp.cz
forum.WMHelp.cz
O všem, co souvisí s Windows Mobile

FAQFAQ   HledatHledat   Seznam uživatelůSeznam uživatelů   Uživatelské skupinyUživatelské skupiny  RegistraceRegistrace 
 Osobní nastaveníOsobní nastavení   Přihlásit se pro kontrolu soukromých zprávPřihlásit se pro kontrolu soukromých zpráv   PřihlášeníPřihlášení 

Booster jab rollout: 'It protects myself and other people'

Přidat nové téma   Zaslat odpověď    Obsah fóra WMHelp.cz -> Fujitsu-Siemens
Zobrazit předchozí téma :: Zobrazit následující téma  
Autor Zpráva
geemong
nováček
nováček

Registrace: 15.7. 2021

PříspěvekZaslal: po 25. říjen, 2021 9:31    Předmět: Booster jab rollout: 'It protects myself and other people' Citovat

Booster jab rollout: 'It protects myself and other people'

The government is calling on those eligible for their Covid booster jabs to take up the offer, saying it is key to tackling coronavirus.

To make sure that SLOT ONLINE the service provider puts money on the machine, usually 70-90 percent, or even worse, or perhaps even pays better.

Booster jabs are being offered to at-risk groups including the over-50s and frontline health and social care workers, while others call for Boris Johnson to take more restrictive measures as part of a 'Plan B'.

The government hopes the booster programme will prevent the need for more restrictions, but what do those giving and receiving the jab think?

'Pressure on GPs is substantial'
Dr Peter Smye works out of a GP practice in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, and has until 1 December to give booster vaccines to his most vulnerable housebound patients.

"It's a challenging campaign because in contrast to the first wave of vaccinations we've got a whole load of backlog work coming at us, coupled with that we've got to do Pfizer instead of AstraZeneca," he says.

The Pfizer vaccine requires Dr Smye to wait 15 minutes with the person after vaccinating, which is not needed with the Oxford-AstraZeneca jab.

Dr Smye says with the Pfizer vaccine he can do two patients an hour, compared with four an hour with Oxford-AstraZeneca.

He says: "At the moment as a surgery we are trying to vaccinate 100-150 housebound patients and we are about 20% of the way through that."

'There's been nothing like this before'
Bernard Abrey, 77, has arthritis which means he can no longer walk. He and his wife Dianna had their flu jab and Covid booster at their home in Bury St Edmunds.

She says she took up the offer of the booster "not just to protect myself but to protect other people while I'm out, because I do go out and meet other people".

"I go to the farm shop, go to buy bread, go to church, so you meet people, so you need to protect them as well as myself," she says.

The 80-year-old feels it is important to stay vaccinated, saying: "When we had both I felt protected, we could invite people in which was great.

"There's been nothing like this before, ever, so we don't know what the outcomes are likely to be."
Zobrazit informace o uživateli Odeslat soukromou zprávu
Zobrazit příspěvky z předchozích:   
Přidat nové téma   Zaslat odpověď    Obsah fóra WMHelp.cz -> Fujitsu-Siemens Časy uváděny v GMT + 1 hodina
Strana 1 z 1

Přejít na: